Monday, April 4, 2011

Grateful Am I

"You pray in your distress and in your need...would that you might pray also in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance"~ "The Prophet, Khalil Gibran"


I sit here looking out the window at the beautiful, bright spring sky. The sun's rays are shining across the water, and the windsurfers are out in abundance.  There are three little birds eating out of our kitchen window feeder. Senor Gato is twitching and chattering at them while  our new Sandy Paws doggy dog lies at my feet, sleeping after a long walk. The sounds of Wah! surround me.."Radhe Jaya Jaya", translated.. "You should be glorious"..and I am. Glorious with gratitude at the many blessings that surround me. They include my incredible children, who are becoming beautiful young adults and who amaze me every day with their many gifts of spirit, my love and best friend Billy, who allows me to be me, and loves and supports  me in all my incarnations, along with his sweet children who I  love as my own.  I have a wonderful and zany family who always provides amusement .. I have also  met so many new people, wonderful eclectic souls full of peace and joy, and it flows between all of us like a living water. My old friends remain true and they are cherished for the diamonds they are.  


 I am loving the present, and grateful to the past for all its many lessons..and know that the future will also hold its share of smooth rides and tasty waves, as well as some tricky ones.  I will savor them all and remain grateful for all experiences, as it's a part of it all. 


I hope everyone finds a moment today to be amazed and filled with gratitude, for it's the little blessings that make our life what it is.  Be grateful. Be blessed. ☼







No comments:

Post a Comment